Print This Page
Corporate & Personal
Gifts in Good Taste
Toad Farm Caramel Sauces
John Dewar & Co. carries a selection of Caramel Sauces from Fat Toad
Farm in Brookfield, Vermont. These sauces are made from goat's milk in
3 fabulous flavors: Vanilla, Coffee & Original Caramel (cajeta). Some
of these products may not always be in stock, so please call ahead to
Josey Hastings, one of the Fat Toad family members, spent
10 years living in Mexico and part-time in Vermont. Her land in Mexico
is part of a small hill community where she learned many traditional methods
of cooking, including making cajeta (a Mexican confection of thickened
syrup usually made of sweetened caramelized milk).
Josey brought cajeta knowledge and recipes back to the farm
with her and inspired them to start making their own caramel with milk
from their goats.
||TOP 10 WAY TO EAT CARAMEL!
1. Drizzle on ice cream.
2. Spread on toast (tastes like french toast).
3. Spread on pancakes, waffles and crepes.
4. Stir into coffee, tea or warm milk.
5. Dip fresh fruit into (apples, pears and bananas are great!)
6. Drizzle on fresh baked pies (think apple and pumpkin).
7. Stir into hot oatmeal.
8. Spread on muffins (great with bran, maple and blueberry).
9. Swirl into brownies.
10. Eat straight out of the jar!
BACK - TOP